EPS construction method is applied for the first time in 1972 in Norway, is a lightweight solution using polystyrol replacement land. Since it was introduced in Japan in 1985, there have been many practical applications. ·In Japan established EDO associations and uniform design criteria, construction methods and materials quality standards.
Lowering the management/maintenance fees
Shortening the construction duration
Reducing the land consumption
Benefiting to save total construction cost by such as lowering volume of excavation…
A consistent wall is formed on the pile-up. Due to its poison is approaching to zero (0), the constructive structure against earth pressure for protection is easily to achieve, such as retaining wall.
Light material It especially functions to bases with poor bearing capacity for the density is around 1/100 of which of the sand-soil and concrete. Labor forces are enough for construction
Such independent bubble structure has excellent buffering function that could significantly reduce the impact and vibration.
Water proof ability
EPS is an independent bubble structure, with difficulties in water absorption and stabilities in material features.
Labor forces are only required, without necessity of heavy construction machines, due to its feature as a light material. Therefore, the construction is faster and easier.
Zero hazard materials.
None of HBCD, CFC
In Japan, 400 million m3 has been applied during 21 years from the year 1985 until now. A lot of achievements in solid practices also are seen in overseas.
Lab tests (full scale vibration)
Horizontal Land Expansion (with steep slope on ground):
• Client: Ehime-ken, Japan
• Construction Date: March, 2002
• Construction volume: D-20 3000m3
EPS construction method is applied in attempt to control the curve element, a potential cause to sliding, within minimal effects.
Due to EPS construction method, the construction cost is cut by cancellation of supporting construction that is not necessary anymore. Heavy construction machines are excluded since labor forces are good enough for EPS construction method. This is a significant benefit.
Horizontal Land Expansion (Slope, with Green Engineering)
• Construction site: Shibata-gun, Miyagi-Ken, Japan
• Construction Date: October, 2000 • Construction Volume: D-20, 1100m3
Road with soft ground soil (Horizontal Land Expansion)
• Construction site: Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido, Japan
• Construction date :2003 to 2004, Jan.
• Construction volume: D-25 1,530m3
• Construction site: Yamaguchi-Ken, Japan
• Construction date: May, 2005
• Construction volume: D-25 230m3
Solution against Buoyancy
• Construction site: Aomori-ken, Japan
• Construction date: Jun, 2002
• Construction volume: D-20 1,500m3 • CW 1,300 m3
Abutment (the side facing ground), Reconstruction of Highway
• Construction site: Miyagi-Ken, Japan
• Construction date: Feb., 2003 • Construction volume: D-20 1,722m3
Land filling for railway
• Construction site: Aichi-ken, Japan
• Construction date: May, 1999
• Construction volume: D-20 2500m3